Sunday, February 6, 2011

A quilt that I made a while ago but haven't posted 'cuz I'm a lazy butt!

This is a quilt I made for Kevin last year for his birthday. He picked out the fabric and I used an idea from Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting. I didn't have a pattern, so I made it up as I went. This created many problems since this was one of the first quilts I made and I didn't really know what I was doing. I bought fabric, but didn't know how much I needed. I had 18 different prints here and I just stitched the strips until I had it long enough and wide enough and when I ran out of fabric and couldn't buy any more, I pieced some of the outer triangles.





This is the awesome orange fabric that inspired my adding orange to the pallet. I loved this pattern so much that I bought the whole bolt. Now I just need an idea for how I will use the rest of it.










My cousin quilted this with an arcing pattern in a variegated thread that turned out to be very close. Kevin didn't like it because it made the quilt less lofty and stiffer. So he doesn't use it. He bought a down throw instead. This is the hardest quilt I have made to date, and I use it all the time.

No comments: